WORKING WITH CHILDREN OR YOUTH AT BEAR CREEK
The disturbing and traumatic rise of physical and sexual abuse of children has claimed the attention of our nation and society. The following policies reflect our commitment to provide protective care of all children, youth, volunteers and paid personnel who participate in church sponsored activities.
- Individuals who have been convicted or are under investigation related to either child sexual or physcial abuse should not apply and will not be allowed to serve in any church sponsored activity or program for children or youth. The same applies for any worker under any type of restraining order.
- All volunteers and employees are subject to an intial criminal background check as well as periodic follow-up checks.
- Adult survivors of childhood sexual or physical abuse need the love and acceptance of this church family. Individuals who have such a history should discuss their desire to work with chidlren or youth with the Admiiststrative Pastor prior to engaging in any volunteer or paid service.
- All adult volunteers working with youth or children are required to have been involved with Bear Creek Baptist church for a minimum of six (6) months. At least three (3) of those six months must be as a member having already completed all BCBC membership requirements. It is our goal that a minimum of two unrelated adult workers will be in attendance at all times when children are being supervisted during our programs and activities. We do not allow minors to be alone with one adult on our premises or in any sponsored activity unless in a counseling situation.
- Adult volunteer and paid staff should immediately report any behaviors which seem abusive or inappropriate to their supervisor.